Happy Father’s Day everyone (in the UK) even if you aren’t celebrating it I hope you had a wonderful day, I certainly did especially when we had the hottest day ever this year – it was 30℃!!
If you’re feeling hungry this evening you’re in luck because I have another recipe for you lovely lot, my vegan trifle and you will not be disappointed! The decision to make the trifle was a bit of an impromptu decision but definitely worth it.
I recently had to spend some time in Stratford-upon-Avon looking after my godmother’s cat whilst she was away on holiday so mum and I took the opportunity to do some shopping in the town centre. We came across a health shop, I believe it was called Revital and we picked up some vegan/veggie jelly that is normally sooo expensive, on sale winning! This inspired my spontaneous vegan trifle, enjoy!
Vegan Fruit Trifle
Time: 1 1/2 – 2 hours
100g vegan margarine
150g golden caster sugar
200 self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
200ml plant milk (I used soya)
Ingredients – for the rest of the trifle
1 pack of red vegan jelly (I used just wholefoods strawberry jelly)
1 packet of vegan custard (I used alpro custard)
1 carton of vegan cream (I used Schlagfix Universelle Schlagcreme)
Half a punnet each of raspberries and blueberries
Sprinkles to decorate – optional
1. To bake the sponge cake cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Sift the flour and baking powder, then stir in the plant milk.
2. Pour into a greased baking tin and bake at 180°C for around 30 minutes. It will be ready when golden on top, springy to touch and a skewer from the centre comes out clean.
3. Leave the cake to cool, then cut up into slices (see my picture for a guide) and place in the bottom of a large glass dish.
4. Make the jelly according to packet instructions. Add in the raspberries and blueberries and pour over the sponge, it may soak into the sponge. Place in the fridge to set.
5. Once set, it shouldn’t take too long, pour the custard on top of the jelly and spread out evenly.
6. You can put it back into the fridge to set and prepare the cream to go on top. Whisk with a little sugar to sweeten (to taste) until thick and spread onto the custard.
7.Top with sprinkles and refrigerate before serving.
Have a look at Joy of Android for some more easily accessible apps with vegan/veggie recipes here!
This went down a treat in the Buswell household – I will definitely be making it again!
Until next time.
My Social Media
Twitter – https://twitter.com/nenehjb
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nenehjb/?hl=en
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.co.uk/nenehbuswell/
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/u/0/100118812593960321097