Yes I know, I know, cliche but true. If you hadn’t guessed already, I have recently had my 22nd birthday and I have been reminiscing about how much has changed this past year. Now that it has been a month since I turned 22 it seemed like a nice idea to reflect on the month and whether I’ve really been “feeling 22” (okay I’ll stop now!)
I’m not going to lie my 21st birthday was a disaster and I was determined to make this year mean something and not let anyone ruin my day, I mean it’s only one day a year isn’t it!
This year I decided to pull all the stops and have the most amazing birthday and… go bowling! Now stay with me here, it sounds like I have returned to my childhood but it was such a good night! We actually went recently for mum’s birthday in January and my attempt was pretty appalling. This time around I was going to get my competitive game on and guess what!? I still lost! I think the second round of throwing the ball in stupid ways had something to do with it… I mean I did bowl left handed, through my legs and with two balls at once which epically failed! I am definitely going bowling again asap.
Now, looking back at March, the weather wasn’t exactly on my side when it came to the week of my birthday. Ah yes, all that snow we had that isn’t supposed to be a thing in March, well that happened didn’t it!? So the planned night out we had in mind did not go ahead but that’s fine, I spent my 22nd birthday with some of the most important people in my life (cringe) my closest friends.
Good things happening during my 22nd year of birth
- Girls trip to Barcelona – I already want to go back
- Mum’s 80’s themed 50th party – you bet I am ready for this
- House gatherings and pals birthday parties
- BBC’s Biggest Weekend
- A pencilled in trip to Greece – give me all the hummus
- Taylor Swift with the bestie
- Family holiday to Stockholm – you bet I’ve researched the hell out of the vegan restaurants
- Vegan Camp Out – vegan level 100 activated
- A very secret yet exciting thing that I am yet to announce – watch this space
- And much, much more…
Until next time,