Woohoo the first blog post of 2019, let’s do this! (sorry)
2018 was a bit of an up and down year, I know so cliche but always true! Before I sat down and spilt my thoughts, I had a read of my post from last year see how much has changed and didn’t I half waffle on. However, it is a good starting point to make reflections on the goals I set for myself and the achievements I have made since then. How did I even manage to publish a blog post on the 1st of January! Anywaaay, here’s to a happy new year, I am in such a good place right now I can’t help but share my reminiscings of 2018 and reading last year’s post I guess I took some of my own advice for once:
“Why should we have to immediately change as soon as the clock strikes midnight and we enter the ever-ticking timer of 365 days of the year? If you want to change, let it be for yourself and your own peace of mind, not for anyone else because only you can make that crucial step.” Well done past Neneh, even though you sound a little pretentious!
I decided not to go with resolutions but improvements within myself and this year I have gone with goals. I really hate the pressure of having to stick to something but that’s what everyone does right? Wrong, I mean come on, like past Neneh said who even sticks with their resolutions. Just do what you can and run with it.
Let’s look at the goals/improvements I set myself in 2018:
- Come off my medication by the end of the year – depression and anxiety can’t rule my life forever, I want to be able to manage my brain muddles without the reliance on anti-depressants. I am extremely proud to have achieved this one, on ya bike depression.
- Try and put more time aside to focus on my blog – I neglected my blog a couple of times this past year. I hope to turn my hobby into something I spend my valuable time on and making improvements along the way. I’m getting there okay.
- Spend more time with those who matter in your life – I fully admit I am rubbish at replying to messages from friends and a lot of the time I blame my anxiety, but excuses no more – friends matter and anxiety can do one! This one is ticking along nicely, I love my pals.
- Say yes to more opportunities. I pushed myself a lot more, even when I feel like I am going to throw up in front of everyone.
- Experiment more with my style and ooze confidence! Let’s just say I like my wacky trousers…
Now I am eager to tell you about the best parts of 2018:
- Celebrated my mum’s 50th birthday with an 80’s themed party, I bloody loved this!
- Went to my first blogging event
- I turned 22 and I definitely felt it, with lots of snow weather…
- Met Ollie, honestly I don’t know what I’d do without this one (bleurgh)
- Had an amazing holiday in Barcelona with my lovely friends, even though it rained a lot but there was so much vegan food
- Visited my family in Brighton in March
- Started a new job at The Vegan Society
- Attended BBC’s Biggest Weekend in Coventry with Ollie and my family
- Another gals holiday in Mallorca and yes it was sunny!
- Visited Stockholm, Sweden with my family, my favourite holiday I’ve ever been on. I definitely want to return there this year
- My first Vegan Camp Out in Nottingham, so much fun and good food
- Got my first tattoo, a lil bumblebee
- Celebrated my Grandma’s 80th birthday with a whole family meal
- Spent Christmas with all my favourite people
I’ve probably forgotten so many things but these were definitely the highlights! Here’s to another fab year, lets smash it!
Until next time,
My Social Media